Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"If I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior."
Thoreau

Today the sky is bright and clear, and I've been walking under it. I need to fire my pots, and do a dozen other things I can't remember without a list in front of me, but I went walking instead and am thrilled to be a long walk from home, cooling off at the library before going out again.
I'm trying to discipline myself and accomplish more with my days, but under the grey skies we've been having it's difficult to feel motivated, or to feel anything but tired. But now that the sun is out I only want to be out enjoying it, not inside with a hot kiln. I suppose this is when discipine would start paying off.

My husband and I have discovered vodka mojitos. We have vodka, but no rum, and an abundance of mint in the yard. We made our own simple syrup with turbinado sugar, which makes the drink a little dark, add lime juice and club soda, sometime lemon balm, and it's fantastic. Perfect for sipping while grilling on the back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment