Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawm before the rest of the world."

Oscar Wilde

I feel as though I'm waking up. This past Christmas has overflowed into the common season in work and celebrations, snowstorms, and other distractions. I've fallen into the distractions, none of my time has been my own, except late at night - dreaming vividly.

But the days are slowing down now, all lives are falling back into their pattern and I am able too look around again and really see my neglected books, and pots, and floors, and writing.

Today I am lightly cleaning my home, making it pleasant, warm, and welcoming. Afterwards, I am creating my ritual in my days again. One that prepares for Lent in both the celebratory and the self-disciplinary way. It is still January - still the month of resolutions and new beginings. I am begining this new year awake and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment