Monday, August 16, 2010

"Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelieveable shrieking into the heart of the night."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

This August is already in early autumn. The trees in the watery places are bright red, the fields are gold and green, the sky is opening up today in a cool autumn rain. There is such a wholesome naturalness in the world around us. I am begining to feel that the more we connect with our land, the more natural our lives become. My dreams have been alive, and I can't help but take them seriously. There is something about candlelight that brings dreams to life.

My parents came up, with my brothers recently, and one of them attempted a discussion on art. The discussion itself progressed badly, with a tendency on his side to monologue, and on my part to snippancy. In atonement, and in hope that he will read and consider, I am planning this week to post a few articles defining and defending Art and Beauty. I hope they will be worth reading for more than just moj brat.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment